Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Eve

New year's eve is our most awaited family gathering. It's the time when we come home to our old house in the province. My siblings come home all the way from Manila, my parents are not busy and I get a day off from books and internet. Awaiting for the new year is just so exciting!
Love this pink greeting by etcpb.com
We used to celebrate new year's eve grandly. I remember when I was around ten or eleven years old, Kuya and Papa really bought huge loads of firecrackers. Until that tragic typhoon Sendong struck the country, and we all realized how insensitive we were to enjoy the colors of expensive fireworks, while others were suffering from hunger and loss. And so we began to celebrate new yea's eve  in its simplest, most meaningful way possible.

Matchy-matchy pyjamas with my main girls! 
I don't really drink wine, but I love this picture! Photo by Jermone Muarip
I eat a lot during New Year's. My most favourite food served every year is the roasted chicken. I'll save the fruits for later, when everyone's over with the delicious food. It's always my first cheat day, because I think that the following days must be allotted for eating a balanced diet. 2015 is all about fitspiration, I hope!
Our media-noche table. 

It's tradition to take a photo together.

Selfie with Ate Jermine.  This year is going to be challenging for her, but I know that she can do it. 
With Kuya Mon. We're both graduating this year and I'll support him with his plans.

With Mai. This year, she knows her goals. Praying for her success.
Mama and Papa always love to take a picture together. This year, I think I'll just wish them good health and happiness
Many people ask me if what are my resolutions for this year. Well, I attempted to scribble New Year's resolutions in a piece of paper a couple of times before, but it never really worked for me. I mean, I may be that typical girl who loves to document or plan everything, but my goals are different. Yes, I set goals. But I am not fond of associating time with goals. It's as if I know what I want to achieve, but I never pressure myself into achieving it. I don't know if it works for everyone, but it does for me. I choose my goals wisely and I work for them as hard as I can, but I don't rush things. As the old saying goes, there's always time for everything, but it doesn't mean you just wait for it. It's important to act, too.
Photo by Jermone Muarip
Photo by Jermone Muarip
I remembered I wore blue last time, well, for this year, I chose to wear marsala. It's the lucky color and it's really fun to try. I actually just borrowed this dress from my eldest sister, because it fits me well. This dress is from SM Department Store, where there is a huge variety of casual dresses to choose from. I like to dress simply for family gatherings, it describes my natural style--simple, elegant, classy. 
Photo by Jermone Muarip
We went home at around 11PM so I didn't have much time to fix myself. I decided to sneak into my sisters' make-up kit and found a MAC lipstick that perfectly goes with my dress. I don't wear much make-up on simple occasions, but I can never go wrong with lipstick. 
Selfie!

Family picture <3
I pray that this 2015, I'll make the right choices and I'll always stay strong. I think that I'm ready for all the challenges, because I know that I learned so much from the past years. Plus, I am confident that there are people who will always be there to support me. It's selfish to wish for 2015 to be my year, so I want it to be everyone's year. I hope that I won't be the only one who will make the most of it, because everyone deserves to do so. 
View of Malamawi Island, Basilan
We spent our New Year morning on a beach. I went all haggard from the celebration the night before, but I really enjoyed the beach. I had fun jet skiing, as usual. The sea is always perfect. Every time, I go there, I feel a different kind of freedom. 
With Mom and sibs.
I'm going to miss my chill life in the province, but I'm really excited about what's in store for me this 2015. I can't wait for school, because it's almost graduation and we all know what that means. The thought of college quite scares me for now, but I'm also excited for a new chapter. 

I shall thank you for taking time to read this. Happy new year to you and your family!

XOXO,
mishania

No comments:

Post a Comment