Saturday, December 6, 2014

AtFest 2014

Credits: Ateneo Fiesta FB page
It's one of my favourite times of the year as an Atenean. It's that time of the year when I get to distress from all my academics and chill. But more than that, it's that time of the year when I get to appreciate the real value of being an Atenean--that behind everyone's festive mood, lies a strong sense of comradeship within the community and effort to become men and women for others. 

I personally liked this year's concept. It's great how peace and culture was inculcated in the festival. Plus, the event had so many sponsors! I wasn't that hyper this year, though. So I'm going to post my so-called "highlights" of Atfest 2014. 

Atfest Frame! 
Day 1 and 2 were so chill. I went to school because our attendance was checked. I also looked around, explored the booths and watched different sport events. Supported high school teams together with my friends, of course!
FOURever Babes, reunited! Creds, Debra.
HS booth won 2nd place! Congrats, friends. 
Day 3 and 4 were my favourite, because I finally had something serious to do. I represented HS Falcons in this year's Ateneo Fietsta Debate Championships together with my ADC family. I partnered up with Fiona. We reached the semis, yay! It was a proud moment when the team of John and Hans was announced as the tournament's champion. Plus, four of us were in the top 10 best speakers. High school kids were definitely slaying! (HAHAHA okay, mayabang na ba. Sorry.) Still so, so proud! This, by the way, is probably my last debate tournament. I don't know, I don't think I'm ready to let go of debating just yet.

Two years ago, we made a pact to team up for Atfest Debates again. And, it happened!
After the breaks of Day 3, we headed right away to the HS campus for the High School Night (HS BEST 2014). That event was also very fun! It was all about dancing and screaming in colour! Expectations were met for my last High School night. 
Taken by my supportive mother. LOL.
So, I felt like it's been so long since I last posted a detailed outfit post. My camera's memory card was messed up, so everything was taken using a phone. Sorry for the quality, but here you go!
Yes, this is a selfie. Hush!
They said we were encouraged to wear something colourful. Don't get me wrong, but I didn't have time to look for a colourful dress so I decided to wear this simple, conservative one (so as to follow dress code). I got the laced dress from Cara Delevigne x Penshoppe for a very affordable price. The colourful gemed belt was from Cotton On. The pink emblem on its middle matched my pink Barbie shoes from Shubizz. That's pretty it. I didn't have time to accessorize too much because I changed in our high school comfort rooms. I wasn't THAT underdressed, was I? 
Selfie again!
For my look readers, I'm sorry I don't have anything for you because I didn't apply anything. I know, I looked so plain. I didn't even do anything with my hair. I just let it down to remove my game-on-debater-face. HA-HA! I'll make it up to you guys, next time. 
Credits, Reema Jumsali. 
Day 5 was the torch parade and alumni day. It was fun, too. But I went home early because I was surprisingly not in the mood... or I really just wanted to sleep. 
Fun day with Faber and other batch mates!
Day 6 and 7 are my chill days. I won't go to school because I need time to catch up with school requirements. But, congrats to the champions! 

I feel like it's fun and meaningful to be part of AdZU community. Now, I'm talking about my college plans. The confusion is real, guys.

Anyway, one week before exams. This is going to be a tough one. But anyway, so many plans for December. Roughly 3 months before March and hell, everyone knows what that means. 

Till the next post! Sorry for my messy layout by the way. :(

XOXO,
mishania

No comments:

Post a Comment